JETSTAR SERVICES MEMO 26 July 2017
THIS IS A DITCHING – FOLLOW THE TWU’s INSTRUCTIONS
As promised an update at the completion of this week’s meeting.
Jetstar have denied our claims, and changed clauses in the agreement without the TWU negotiating team agreeing.
These clauses CHANGE the intent and working conditions in your current agreement.
Jetstar have advised that the FAAA have AGREED with the proposed changes and are willing to go with Jetstar’s proposed change to the agreement.
What does this mean to your agreement after todays discussions?
1. Jetstar want a 4 year agreement – TWU proposed 3 years
2. Overpayments – Jetstar want to take 30% of your wage if you owe the company money through an
3. Jetstar now want to cut the 7.5% you get from LOB training to a per training day allowance
4. Jetstar fail to provide a break down of your missed rest breaks on your pay-slip. Jetstar say that it is not
a ‘priority’ to put the rest break form on the ipad
5. Jetstar will not offer future part time positions unless we agree to adding a clause for Jetstar to force you on annual leave
6. Jetstar will not change their interpretation for re-assignable. They believe by giving you a duty or an airport standby at the start of your RAS span is legal under the agreement. We refute this claim.
7. Jetstar will ONLY deal with the FAAA regarding dispensations. They don’t want the TWU representing their members
8. Jetstar want to remove the call in procedure table from our agreement, giving no clarity on call outs
9. Jetstar want the ability to force you to take accrued excess annual leave without your say.
In summary – If this agreement was to go out for a vote, the TWU Jetstar Negotiating Committee will NOT endorse the EBA in its current format.
WE ARE COMMITTED TO PROTECTING YOUR RIGHTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS AS PER YOUR CURRENT EBA.
WE WILL NOT ACCEPT A DEGRADING SUB-STANDARD AGREEMENT!