TWU Survey Results
The TWU has received a fantastic response to the EBA Survey conducted at CC containers.
Through the surveys you have told us that you want a strong and fair agreement at CC Containers to change your workplace through a good job, strong conditions and reform throughout the sector that meet Safe Rates Standards.
We want to secure the EBA for the future, not just any EBA or a rushed one! You’ve told us that you want a EBA that will take you into the future. A strong union voice on the job to ensure we have a say in our work, can address issues and build our union.
You have said you are seeking the following improvements to pay and conditions:
• Safe Rates and health and safety committees that allow for workers to consult and address issues.
• Induction processes and rights for all workers, including labour and outside hire.
• Paid yard meetings to discuss workplace, safety, industry and community matters; superannuation issues; and industry matters.
• Delegates’ rights, including paid release to educate other workers locally and nationally.
• Labour and outside hire companies to be included in the dispute procedure to address issues.
• Give workers a voice on the job through TWU inductions, meetings and union rights.
Safe and fair conditions for all workers doing CC Containers work and strengthening job security to ensure a skilled, stable workforce to stop the race to the bottom:
• Annual increases to pay and superannuation that bring you in line with industry standards.
• Protections and rights for casual and agency workers.
• Redundancy rights and consultation around workforce changes.
• Obligation on CC Containers to consult about technology changes.
• A right to a monthly RDO.
Stronger protections for work issues that shape our lives outside of the workplace:
• Mental health clauses and domestic violence leave to allow workers the opportunity to reach out and get help in times of need.
• Cultural leave to allow workers to take part in activities related to their heritage.
Where to from here:
From here, the TWU and your delegates will be seeking a meeting with management to ensure we begin negotiations for a better agreement. We will ensure we provide constant feedback to
We are stronger together:
If you haven’t already become a Union member, join today and show your support for the people who are working to maintain and improve working conditions at CC Container.
JOIN THE CAMPAIGN FOR BETTER PAY AND CONDITIONS ONLINE NOW