The Act sets up the Transport Industry Council which is responsible for advising and making recommendations to the Industrial Relations Minister on:
- A Code of Practice for owner drivers;
- An Information Booklet for owner drivers;
- Rates and Costs schedules;
- Model Contracts; and
- Any other matters relevant to owner drivers and their hirers.
The Transport Industry Council is comprised of representatives from:
- Transport Workers’ Union of Australia;
- Victorian Trades Hall Council;
- Victorian Transport Association;
- Australian Industry Group; and
- Victorian Employers’ Chamber of Commerce and Industry.