Workhealth have released some interesting statistics that relate to the 340,000 health checks that have been completed as of March 2011.
- 66% of participating workers were found to have a medium to high risk for type 2 diabetes, and nearly 18% were found to have a medium to high risk for cardiovascular disease.
- Men are more prone to high risk of these preventable chronic diseases than women
- One in four workers had elevated blood pressure
- One in four workers had high blood glucose levels
- One in four workers had total cholesterol above the normal range
- 92.9% don’t eat enough fruit and vegetables
- 70% reported inadequate exercise
- 32.9% drink alcohol at risky levels
- 18.2% reported smoking
For more information about WorkHealth click here.